Syros is a Greek island in the Cyclades, in the Aegean Sea. The capital of Syros is Ermoupolis, which the filmmaker visited with his friend.
On a cobbled narrow path in the city, the owner of a donkey manages the animal's load. Just after that, we are in the historic Miaouli Square where we see the marble, with relief decorations, Music Podium which hosted the local Philharmonic as well as international orchestras.
Then the camera records the statue of the admiral of the Greek Revolution of 1821, Andreas Miaoulis. A crowd of people walk in the square, children play and we see shots from the main street Eleftheriou Venizelou (former Ermou), which connects the square with the port.
Afterwards, we see a panoramic view of the square which is taken from the City Hall, the most emblematic building of Syros, designed by the great German architect Ernst Ziller, from which we can see the end of the majestic marble staircase.
The cinematographer leaves the island and gives us a general, panoramic shot of the island from the ship, where we see the amphitheatrical location of the city between the two hills, on one side Ano (upper) Syros at the top of which is the Catholic Church of St. George and on the other side the hill Dili, at the top of which is the Church of the Resurrection.
Lastly, general shots of the island as the ship departs from Syros.