The Monastery of Saints Constantine and Helen is located in the historic center of Kalamata. It is a women's monastery founded in 1796.
The film begins with a shot of a nun weaving on the loom. This monastery was known for the cultivation and processing of silk with which they made silk textiles as well as the famous Kalamata scarves.
Then we watch shots of the monastery buildings and views of the Castle of Kalamata.
The shots were filmed by A. G. Bonar during his tour of the Peloponnese in July 1966.